Wood Hiatt Internship
Internship description: The focus of this paid internship position will be fund development for the long-term sustainability of the Women’s Fund of Mississippi. The internship was established by Jane Crater Hiatt in honor of her late husband Wood Hiatt. Both Jane and Wood have believed in and supported the work of the Women’s Fund since its inception in which they played an instrumental part. They believe that foundations must have ongoing support from individuals in the community in order to thrive long-term.
The Wood Hiatt intern will work with the Executive Director to increase giving by individuals throughout the state of Mississippi. The internship will be project-oriented and will require independence and initiative. Some of the responsibilities will include:
• Participation in online fundraising training
• Identification of prospective donors
• Use of research to match donors’ interests and the needs of the WF
• Creation and manage a Moves Management system to track prospective and current donors
• Working with the Development Committee of the Board in their focus on the capital campaign
• Visiting with potential donors statewide
• Working with the advocacy intern to produce a communication tool for the WF
• Oversight of fundraising event
The Women’s Fund of Mississippi is an equal opportunity employer. There is no discrimination with regard to hiring, assignment, promotion, or other conditions of staff employment because of race, color, creed, ethnicity, religion, national origin, political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, marital status, gender, or disability, nor will anyone receive special treatment for those reasons.
Contact Carol Penick, Executive Director, 601-326-0700 or email@example.com or LaFawn Gilliam, Director of Communications and Development, 601-326-3002 or firstname.lastname@example.org